Children across the Selby area woke to a second snow day this morning as many of the district's schools struggled to cope with the weather.
Those who had no choice but to venture out faced a misery commute with even major routes remaining treacherous.
Compacted snow on the A19 between Escrick and Crockey Hill made for a dangerous drive for those travelling to and from York.
Earlier today, responders were called attend two separate incidents on that stretch of road, both of which involved jack-knifed lorries.
Those heading south of Selby had similar experiences with the Camblesforth Straight proving a difficult drive and traffic incidents reported in Hambleton.
Yellow Met Office warnings remain in force throughout the area into the weekend. Further frequent and potentially heavy snow showers can be expected over the next few days.
School closures on Thursday:
- Tadcaster East Community Primary School
- Sherburn in Elmet, Hungate Community Primary School
- Barwic Parade Community Primary School, Selby
- Selby Community Primary School
- Camblesforth Community Primary School
- Barlow Church of England Voluntary Controlled Primary School
- Barlby Bridge Community Primary School
- Barlby Community Primary School
- Brayton Church of England Voluntary Controlled Primary School
- Cliffe Voluntary Controlled Primary School
- Escrick Church of England Voluntary Controlled Primary School
- Riccall Community Primary School
- Selby Abbey Church of England Voluntary Controlled Primary School
- The Rubicon Centre, Selby
- Longman's Hill Community Primary School
- Tadcaster, Riverside Commmunity Primary School
- Selby High School
- Brayton Academy
- Tadcaster Grammar School